www.regdafishthinktank.com Forum Index www.regdafishthinktank.com
Here in the Day

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dog Botherers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.regdafishthinktank.com Forum Index -> All other football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

Posted:     Post subject:

fartcatcher
Friend of the Toad

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Dog Botherers  Reply with quote

Toothless Terriers. One goal in three games in playoffs. Straight back down.

That Wagner annoys me.
Dock
He's the Keeper of the Fire

Show Comments

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Dog Botherers Reply with quote

fartcatcher wrote:
Toothless Terriers. One goal in three games in playoffs. Straight back down.

That Wagner annoys me.

At least they GOT to the playoffs!!!!!!! And subsequently won promotion to The Premiership. And got loads of millions of pounds for doing so. If it had been Leeds that got promoted the same way it would be all: "Deserve to go up anyway"and "Scraped in but we deserve it". Huddersfield Town are a better football side than Leeds United at the present time, FACT! Face up to it. They have won promotion fair and square.

Well Done Town! Enjoy It!
Heyho
Tank Mate

Show Comments

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All credit to them (the club) but they (the fans and the manager) are prize cunts.

They remind me of this fucking election - don't say what you can do, slag off the opposition.

Prize cunts of the highest order.
"Only a fool would look for political insight from the Ramones, when their real significance was more iconic and sonic, a minimalistic breakthrough that decisively altered the course of popular music" - MOJO, August 1999
Late Doors
Brave Punk Soldier

Show Comments

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't really work out what I think about this. On the one hand I'm pleased for their ace chairman, a proper chairman with a passion and vision for his club and a coach who knows what he is doing (despite being an astronomical tool). It'll be good for the town itself as well but I know that it's going to be a bit of a challenge around here for at least a year.  The league doesn't lie, you finish where you deserve. Despite winning only one of nine games against their fellow play off contenders in the normal way and losing five they still went up. They say you make your own luck though and they certainly have resilience.

Looking at it rationally I think we have more chance picking points up against Reading next year than Hudders. Same with Millwall instead of Bradford. Those twelve points at stake could well prove crucial. More crucially its in our own hands or specifically the new owner's.

Watched the game in a pub called the Olde Hatte yesterday. There's only  three pubs in town with sky and they were all rammed. Suffice it to say they were rather pleased when that last penalty went in. I left immediately after the game leaving Si in his Town shirt to enjoy the night with the rest of them. Stll managed to get a couple of texts from fans who in their hour of glory still managed to think about Leeds.
Dock

Show Comments

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late Doors wrote:
Can't really work out what I think about this. On the one hand I'm pleased for their ace chairman, a proper chairman with a passion and vision for his club and a coach who knows what he is doing (despite being an astronomical tool). It'll be good for the town itself as well but I know that it's going to be a bit of a challenge around here for at least a year.  The league doesn't lie, you finish where you deserve. Despite winning only one of nine games against their fellow play off contenders in the normal way and losing five they still went up. They say you make your own luck though and they certainly have resilience.

Looking at it rationally I think we have more chance picking points up against Reading next year than Hudders. Same with Millwall instead of Bradford. Those twelve points at stake could well prove crucial. More crucially its in our own hands or specifically the new owner's.

Watched the game in a pub called the Olde Hatte yesterday. There's only  three pubs in town with sky and they were all rammed. Suffice it to say they were rather pleased when that last penalty went in. I left immediately after the game leaving Si in his Town shirt to enjoy the night with the rest of them. Stll managed to get a couple of texts from fans who in their hour of glory still managed to think about Leeds.

Ooh that last bit has a frisson of desperate bitterness LD. Quite right that they texted you. Quite right they should gloat like fuck at one of their own who turned on his local team. In the final analysis you're a bit of a fuckpig n' that (I still think you're ace though). I hope they take the piss for ages. You really aren't showing that famous Kirkleean spirit that we know you have. It's Kirklees big day in the spotlight. Stop pouting Fuckface! Remember.....

.........Think Positive, Think Kirklees!
smiling badger
One of the Gang!!

Show Comments

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that there are many here that are really bothered by Huddersfield going up and doing better than Leeds, Dock.
You seem to be more bothered about your anti Leeds jibes than anyone else's anti Town bollocks..
Butts
Bottom Feeder

Show Comments

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the season they deserved it. Problem is all their best players are contracted to Prem teams. The manager has worked wonders, 17th I think they finished last year.

In terms of rivalry they just don't spring to mind when I think of other teams, it clearly matters more to them than us. I was close to them at an away game a few years ago and they were just hilarious, like all their Christmases had come at once. Think Deliverance meets Rita Sue and Bob too.
Dock

Show Comments

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smiling badger wrote:
I don't think that there are many here that are really bothered by Huddersfield going up and doing better than Leeds, Dock.
You seem to be more bothered about your anti Leeds jibes than anyone else's anti Town bollocks..

Not at all Badge old pal o' mine. If it was Derby or QPR fans making these negative comments about HT I'd have a dig at them. I'm just a person who likes to see other fans enjoying themselves and are pleased for a club who haven't been in the 1st Division/ Premiership since 1972 to be going up and their luck changing. A lot of the comments just seem like sour grapes from grown men. Town did it and that's that. The reason I've mentioned Leeds United is its Leeds fans on here who are posting sour grapes about it. I'd be the same to fans of any club who posted negatively about Town's success.
Heyho
Tank Mate

Show Comments

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dock wrote:
smiling badger wrote:

Not at all Badge old pal o' mine. If it was Derby or QPR fans making these negative comments about HT I'd have a dig at them. I'm just a person who likes to see other fans enjoying themselves and are pleased for a club who haven't been in the 1st Division/ Premiership since 1972 to be going up and their luck changing. A lot of the comments just seem like sour grapes from grown men. Town did it and that's that. The reason I've mentioned Leeds United is its Leeds fans on here who are posting sour grapes about it. I'd be the same to fans of any club who posted negatively about Town's success.

Not seeing too many sour grapes Dock but some very constructive comments (as always).

I would be far happier for our close neighbours if their fans were far less paranoid about doing one over on their neighbours, They are nearly as bad as the Cass scum
"Only a fool would look for political insight from the Ramones, when their real significance was more iconic and sonic, a minimalistic breakthrough that decisively altered the course of popular music" - MOJO, August 1999
Late Doors
Brave Punk Soldier

Show Comments

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe there was no need to mention the texts but as a little document of the day I think my journalistic integrity would be at stake if I didn't mention it

So in the interests of balance ill say that of the maybe two hundred other town fans I know in some way 198 didn't send me anything and that gets the ratio about right amongst my circle. Shook hands with four of them yesterday and wished them well. Two of them said see you the season after eh? I sincerely hope so (in the best way). Yeah it's going to be a bit of a challenge but rest assured that I will negotiate it with humour and customary friendliness. No sour grapes at all, all I am concerned with is our own circumstances.

As for turning my back on them i will take a little nibble at your  bait, maybe throw some back and say I picked my team in 1967 at an age when geography meant diddley and stuck with them ever since through thick and thin and all the ups and downs like a proper fan with mettle. Didn't give up on them when they made me sit down at matches kind of thing
Dock

Show Comments

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late Doors wrote:
 Maybe there was no need to mention the texts but as a little document of the day I think my journalistic integrity would be at stake if I didn't mention it

So in the interests of balance ill say that of the maybe two hundred other town fans I know in some way 198 didn't send me anything and that gets the ratio about right amongst my circle. Shook hands with four of them yesterday and wished them well. Two of them said see you the season after eh? I sincerely hope so (in the best way). Yeah it's going to be a bit of a challenge but rest assured that I will negotiate it with humour and customary friendliness. No sour grapes at all, all I am concerned with is our own circumstances.

As for turning my back on them i will take a little nibble at your  bait, maybe throw some back and say I picked my team in 1967 at an age when geography meant diddley and stuck with them ever since through thick and thin and all the ups and downs like a proper fan with mettle. Didn't give up on them when they made me sit down at matches kind of thing

I know you go way back LD. I was just being a knobhead to get a rise out of you.
Late Doors
Brave Punk Soldier

Show Comments

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha, i know that pal, the rise bit not the knob head bit. I was just playing along. Maybe it has bothered me more than i dare to think though.
fartcatcher
Friend of the Toad

Show Comments

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make no secret of the fact that I'm bitter and twisted about this. They will come bottom of the Prem by a mile and come down with several million in their pockets.

My mate Simon is the nephew of the chairman btw. Says he's a proper football fan and he (Simon that is) wishes he's chosen Leeds instead.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.regdafishthinktank.com Forum Index -> All other football All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: