Lifeguard at the football pool
View Comments: Add Comment
Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Location: Location: Location
|Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:01 pm Post subject: 2014/2015: The Rules of Flange!
It's the fifth season of this strangely non-addictive game invented by Grind Communications plc and Cumalot and is free to all.
It's based on a similarish game called the NFL Death pool, but it has been modified for footy.
Simple rules for simple folk:-
1) Every new or reset entrant starts with one point. This forms the basis of your streak points.
2) Each week you pick one premier league team you think is going to win their game over the weekend (to include Monday fixtures as and if needed). I'll post the relevant ten fixtures earlier on in the week.
3) If your pick wins, your streak points are doubled and added to your cumulative score, one is added to your streak length and you must then pick a new team you think is going to win for the following league weekend. This new team must not have been chosen earlier in the same streak (per rule 5).
4) If the team you pick draws, your streak points and streak length remain unchanged, your streak points are added to your cumulative score and you are locked into picking the same team for the following league weekend.
5) With the exception of a draw (where your pick is automatically repeated), you cannot choose the same team again on any given streak until you have picked all the other teams in the league.
6) If the team you pick loses (or you fail to pick a team, or pick an ineligible team - see rule 5) you are deemed to have Flanged!, your streak points are reset to one, one is added to your Flange! tally and one point to your cumulative score. You can pick any team for the following league weekend.
6) There are no limits to the number of times you can Flange!, but the less often you do, the higher your score is likely to be.
7) Your total score is the combination of your previous total points and new weekly points. Every entrant will score one point in the event of a loss and their new streak points total in the event of a draw (previous week) or a win (twice previous week).
8) The eventual winner of the competition will be determined to be the player with, in order:
The highest cumulative total score
The longest individual streak
The least number of Flanges!
9) Bearing will not remember to enter every week.
This isn't as complicated as it sounds, honest.
The first round wil be the weekend of 16/8/14.
He french fried when he should've pizzaed. French fry when you pizza, you're gonna have a bad time.
Last edited by Grind on Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:29 pm; edited 3 times in total