www.regdafishthinktank.com Forum Index www.regdafishthinktank.com
Here in the Day
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tech Help
Page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.regdafishthinktank.com Forum Index -> Clean the tank
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Forest
Tank Mate

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 23 Oct 2008

Posts: 11156


Location: Sexytown

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote

bearing wrote:
If the speakers work on the test then the cables are fine, as will be the soundcard I'd wager.  It's quite possible that you may need to update the driver.

Which version of Windoze are you using?


Its not the latest, its the one before that. Would that affect Itunes as well?

UPDATE mrs foz just had the sound working while watching the Iplayer but now its decided to stop again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bearing
Gonk

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 07 Sep 2008

Posts: 27811


Location: undercover

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forest wrote:
bearing wrote:
If the speakers work on the test then the cables are fine, as will be the soundcard I'd wager.  It's quite possible that you may need to update the driver.

Which version of Windoze are you using?


Its not the latest, its the one before that. Would that affect Itunes as well?

UPDATE mrs foz just had the sound working while watching the Iplayer but now its decided to stop again


Check it with iPlayer again, see if it works for some things and not others.
_________________
"If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance." - Johan Cruyff.


http://www.mdsportsmassage.co.uk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forest
Tank Mate

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 23 Oct 2008

Posts: 11156


Location: Sexytown

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The speaker settings were set to 5:1 and it sounded like itwas in a tunnel, so changed it to stereo and it stopped working altogether.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bearing
Gonk

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 07 Sep 2008

Posts: 27811


Location: undercover

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forest wrote:
The speaker settings were set to 5:1 and it sounded like itwas in a tunnel, so changed it to stereo and it stopped working altogether.


Right, I'll ask you to check some stuff in a bGOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL


Sorry about that, just typing and they scored

Anyway, I'll get back to you with details
_________________
"If you give Leeds the ball, they will make you dance." - Johan Cruyff.


http://www.mdsportsmassage.co.uk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forest
Tank Mate

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 23 Oct 2008

Posts: 11156


Location: Sexytown

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE brother in law came round and had a look, he fitted a sound card and its working fine now.
Cheers for trying Regtechdesk and soz to Fin for hijacking his thread.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Fin
Tank Mate

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 17 Aug 2009

Posts: 3252


Location: sofa

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you send him up here Forest?
Glad it's sorted,i think mine might be down to my ISP  hopefully it will be ok soon,thanks to the Reggers who replied
_________________
Ladies and Gentleman,Miss Tina Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fin
Tank Mate

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 17 Aug 2009

Posts: 3252


Location: sofa

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearing wrote:
Fin, could you take a screen shot of the problem with the images?

It may be fixed i have no idea what a screen shot is b,i will Forest it.
_________________
Ladies and Gentleman,Miss Tina Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Forest
Tank Mate

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 23 Oct 2008

Posts: 11156


Location: Sexytown

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fin wrote:
bearing wrote:
Fin, could you take a screen shot of the problem with the images?

It may be fixed i have no idea what a screen shot is b,i will Forest it.


You have a geeky brother in law too?

Instructions on how to take a screenshot

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Microsoft-Windows
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Fin
Tank Mate

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 17 Aug 2009

Posts: 3252


Location: sofa

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forest wrote:
Fin wrote:
bearing wrote:
Fin, could you take a screen shot of the problem with the images?

It may be fixed i have no idea what a screen shot is b,i will Forest it.


You have a geeky brother in law too?

Instructions on how to take a screenshot

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Microsoft-Windows

Cheers Forest i did Google it but i got dazed and confused.
It seems to be back to normal now,i think the images may have always had a blue cross in the corner and i've just never noticed.


_________________
Ladies and Gentleman,Miss Tina Turner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.regdafishthinktank.com Forum Index -> Clean the tank All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum
I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune