www.regdafishthinktank.com Forum Index www.regdafishthinktank.com
Here in the Day
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great mysteries of our Time.
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.regdafishthinktank.com Forum Index -> Life in the fish bowl
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Grind
Lifeguard at the football pool

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 03 Feb 2009

Posts: 18772


Location: Location: Location

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject:  Reply with quote

Pliers is a quite uncommon surname, isn't it?
_________________
He french fried when he should've pizzaed. French fry when you pizza, you're gonna have a bad time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Plastic Man
7th Earl of Otley

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 30 Oct 2008

Posts: 4930



PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dock wrote:
CD's scratch easier these days than they used to. I've got cd's that are twenty years old, bit battered but play great. Two recently manufactured cd's that I've dropped only once on the sometimes-gritty footwell floor of the car, totally fucked.


It's not quite the indestructibility they promised on Tomorrow's World. Perhaps you record/rip them as a back-up in case the original becomes damaged?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dock
He's the Keeper of the Fire

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 08 Sep 2008

Posts: 16810



PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one that I don't understand. Soaring property prices/ rents. If people cant afford houses I would think in my own naive way that somebody would say: "Right, hang fucking on. This is getting stupid. Why don't we try and plateau the price of houses so more people can get a mortage that doesn't mean they have to sell vital organs to be able to pay it.".

I don't get it. I just don't get it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
carp
Tank Mate

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 14 Jul 2012

Posts: 1221



PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want that dog Grindon.  Give it to me now
_________________
Making chit chat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Late Doors
Brave Punk Soldier

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 11 Oct 2008

Posts: 7934



PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dock wrote:
Here's one that I don't understand. Soaring property prices/ rents. If people cant afford houses I would think in my own naive way that somebody would say: "Right, hang fucking on. This is getting stupid. Why don't we try and plateau the price of houses so more people can get a mortage that doesn't mean they have to sell vital organs to be able to pay it.".

I don't get it. I just don't get it.


yep, always been a bit of a mystery to me as well. Bread heads will say its all to do with supply and demand, house will sell for as much as people will pay for them but I'm not buying that at all. There are other sinister elements afoot here, there must be. For a start the other side of the equation is how much people are willing to accept for theirs and as long as estate agents and busllshit news reports tell us about rising prices the less inclined people are to accept offers. Chuff me there are hundreds and hundreds for sale around here some for years, good ones as well. Nah house prices and rents are a fundamental building block in the system. Not only are they a commodity they are a tool for social control and as such their exchange value is determined by other controlling factors. Can anyone seriously tell me that longer life spans, longer working careers, the gig job market, and a deliberate shift to private landlord renting hasn't had an impact ? Throw in developers, councillors, builders, lawyers, second home owners and foreign property buyers into the mix and you have a complete twatfest that distorts any notion of supply and demand out of all recognition.
_________________
I guess all songs is folk songs. I never heard no horse sing 'em
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sir Bulldog Craggwood
Not the reason we are here

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 07 Sep 2008

Posts: 8616


Location: Leeds occasionally London

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late Doors wrote:
Smoking, filthy habit, addictive, dangerous, anti social and can lead to untold misery, cant advertise anywhere.

Drinking, filthy habit, addictive, dangerous and can lead to untold misery, can hardly advertise anywhere.

Gambling, filthy habit, addictive, dangerous and can lead to untold misery yet I can hardly click on anything or watch anything without being bombarded with outrageous lies regarding the fun and excitement it brings. Especially galling when delivered by some fake cockney millionaire hard man with the common touch telling me to do it responsibly.


Well said - all those gambling adverts during televised sport make me want to puke - it's a rotten addiction that is endlessly normalised and promoted EVERYWHERE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sheeps
King of the Quizzes

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 07 Oct 2008

Posts: 11121


Location: In a hole.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MONEY!!!

Where does that go then?

Obviously there will be some in the till behind the bar but where does all 'the' money go? Years of austerity because there is no 'money' followed by more austerity because there is (we are told), no 'money'.

Has it been burnt, lost or what?

Rising cost of goods and services, no pay rises, public services slashed, and by who?

Yes, the people who do have money.
_________________
I'm as thick as an Ox me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dock
He's the Keeper of the Fire

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 08 Sep 2008

Posts: 16810



PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me: Do you serve mugs of tea? Rather than the pot?

Lady in cafe: No love, just the pot and a cup?

Me: Maybe you could just pour some tea, hot water, and milk into the cup and give me it.

Lady in cafe: Tell you what love, if I put it all on a tray you can make it how you like it eh. That'll be 2.50 please darlin.

Me: Er, thanks.

And so it begins. Pour tea pot which drips (no matter how adept you are at pouring, it will always fucking drip) all over saucer and table. Then pour milk from crap stainless steel pot which also drips. Then mop up spilt tea and milk with napkin.

When you want to top up your cup...repeat the above.

For a country that prides itself on enjoying a god cup of tea why do we have baba utensils for enjoying it in public? And why can't people who work in cafes just make the fucking thing and hand over the completed cup to the thirsty customer? Total fucking mystery! All I want out of life is a mug of good strong tea whilst I watch the world go by. Do I expect too much?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grind
Lifeguard at the football pool

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 03 Feb 2009

Posts: 18772


Location: Location: Location

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True dat.
_________________
He french fried when he should've pizzaed. French fry when you pizza, you're gonna have a bad time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Plastic Man
7th Earl of Otley

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 30 Oct 2008

Posts: 4930



PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dock wrote:
That'll be 2.50 please darlin.


Two and a half quid for a cup of tea?

I presume she gave you a blow job as well for no extra charge.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grind
Lifeguard at the football pool

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 03 Feb 2009

Posts: 18772


Location: Location: Location

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plastic Man wrote:
Dock wrote:
That'll be 2.50 please darlin.


Two and a half quid for a cup of tea?

I presume she gave you a blow job as well for no extra charge.


No wonder he spilt his milk.
_________________
He french fried when he should've pizzaed. French fry when you pizza, you're gonna have a bad time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dock
He's the Keeper of the Fire

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 08 Sep 2008

Posts: 16810



PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grind wrote:
Plastic Man wrote:
Dock wrote:
That'll be 2.50 please darlin.


Two and a half quid for a cup of tea?

I presume she gave you a blow job as well for no extra charge.


No wonder he spilt his milk.


She put her jugs on the tray and that was it. The napkin came in handy. Or rather I came in my handy and then wiped it on the napkin.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grind
Lifeguard at the football pool

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 03 Feb 2009

Posts: 18772


Location: Location: Location

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dock wrote:
Grind wrote:
Plastic Man wrote:
Dock wrote:
That'll be 2.50 please darlin.


Two and a half quid for a cup of tea?

I presume she gave you a blow job as well for no extra charge.


No wonder he spilt his milk.


She put her jugs on the tray and that was it. The napkin came in handy. Or rather I came in my handy and then wiped it on the napkin.


* Covers puppy's eyes. *
_________________
He french fried when he should've pizzaed. French fry when you pizza, you're gonna have a bad time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dock
He's the Keeper of the Fire

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 08 Sep 2008

Posts: 16810



PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grind wrote:
Dock wrote:
Grind wrote:
Plastic Man wrote:
Dock wrote:
That'll be 2.50 please darlin.


Two and a half quid for a cup of tea?

I presume she gave you a blow job as well for no extra charge.


No wonder he spilt his milk.


She put her jugs on the tray and that was it. The napkin came in handy. Or rather I came in my handy and then wiped it on the napkin.


* Covers puppy's eyes. *


I love Border Collies me.

*gets cock out*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Grind
Lifeguard at the football pool

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 03 Feb 2009

Posts: 18772


Location: Location: Location

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! The old Huddersfield cock a spaniel manoeuvre.

* Worries for Dock Dog. *

** Luckily he's fast. **
_________________
He french fried when he should've pizzaed. French fry when you pizza, you're gonna have a bad time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sheeps
King of the Quizzes

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 07 Oct 2008

Posts: 11121


Location: In a hole.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be funny on here.
_________________
I'm as thick as an Ox me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heyho
Tank Mate

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 14 Mar 2011

Posts: 1680



PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late Doors wrote:
Dock wrote:
Here's one that I don't understand. Soaring property prices/ rents. If people cant afford houses I would think in my own naive way that somebody would say: "Right, hang fucking on. This is getting stupid. Why don't we try and plateau the price of houses so more people can get a mortage that doesn't mean they have to sell vital organs to be able to pay it.".

I don't get it. I just don't get it.


yep, always been a bit of a mystery to me as well. Bread heads will say its all to do with supply and demand, house will sell for as much as people will pay for them but I'm not buying that at all. There are other sinister elements afoot here, there must be. For a start the other side of the equation is how much people are willing to accept for theirs and as long as estate agents and busllshit news reports tell us about rising prices the less inclined people are to accept offers. Chuff me there are hundreds and hundreds for sale around here some for years, good ones as well. Nah house prices and rents are a fundamental building block in the system. Not only are they a commodity they are a tool for social control and as such their exchange value is determined by other controlling factors. Can anyone seriously tell me that longer life spans, longer working careers, the gig job market, and a deliberate shift to private landlord renting hasn't had an impact ? Throw in developers, councillors, builders, lawyers, second home owners and foreign property buyers into the mix and you have a complete twatfest that distorts any notion of supply and demand out of all recognition.


Remembers his A level Economics Milton Friedman stuff and the law of supply and demand.

Then remembers some other stuff that can bring prices of stuff down if it gets too over priced and thinks the housing market is exempt from those rules especially when people are using bricks and mortar for long term investment
_________________
"Only a fool would look for political insight from the Ramones, when their real significance was more iconic and sonic, a minimalistic breakthrough that decisively altered the course of popular music" - MOJO, August 1999
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dock
He's the Keeper of the Fire

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 08 Sep 2008

Posts: 16810



PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sheeps wrote:
It can be funny on here.


Not if you're a Border Collie.

*leers*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dock
He's the Keeper of the Fire

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 08 Sep 2008

Posts: 16810



PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dock wrote:
Me: Do you serve mugs of tea? Rather than the pot?

Lady in cafe: No love, just the pot and a cup?

Me: Maybe you could just pour some tea, hot water, and milk into the cup and give me it.

Lady in cafe: Tell you what love, if I put it all on a tray you can make it how you like it eh. That'll be 2.50 please darlin.

Me: Er, thanks.

And so it begins. Pour tea pot which drips (no matter how adept you are at pouring, it will always fucking drip) all over saucer and table. Then pour milk from crap stainless steel pot which also drips. Then mop up spilt tea and milk with napkin.

When you want to top up your cup...repeat the above.

For a country that prides itself on enjoying a god cup of tea why do we have baba utensils for enjoying it in public? And why can't people who work in cafes just make the fucking thing and hand over the completed cup to the thirsty customer? Total fucking mystery! All I want out of life is a mug of good strong tea whilst I watch the world go by. Do I expect too much?


Happened again yesterday. The usual faffery of milk everywhere and tea in the saucer. Then I realised the woman who served me hadn't given me a teaspoon (a drippy steel milk jug, extra hot water, and a shit tea pot but no Feckin teaspoon). Got back up and went to the counter to get one. came back to the table and realised I didn't have a napkin. Went back to the counter again got napkin and then went back to table. Wiped everything up and wearily sat down. I noticed an old lad and his missus looking at me from the next table over. I said to them: "It's at times like this when you think, in a lot of ways, the Nazis won". The old lad just dabbed a rogue blob of scone jam from his upper lip and his missus took a good draught of her cup of tea. They didn't acknowledge me but deep down I knew, I just KNEW, they fundamentally agreed with me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sheeps
King of the Quizzes

View Comments: Add Comment
Show Comments

Joined: 07 Oct 2008

Posts: 11121


Location: In a hole.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are a miserable old twat.












Bit like me.


_________________
I'm as thick as an Ox me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.regdafishthinktank.com Forum Index -> Life in the fish bowl All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum
I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune