Archive for www.regdafishthinktank.com Here in the Day
 


       www.regdafishthinktank.com Forum Index -> Leeds
Late Doors

Wolves home.

Saturday 3pm home game, hurrahh.
Doukara suspended Billy might not be fit so Morison in the frame. Maybe a chance to consolidate his legend potential eh Warnock?
Butts

The second half defied description for its awfulness, which I guess is why Darko has paid the price. It was chilling in its terribleness, relegation written all over it, plus Wolves were shit.
fartcatcher

Fuck me. I'm not slogging up the M1 for 3 hours again to watch that sort of shite.

Incredible to think that this is almost the same team that sliced effortlessly through the Dog Botherer's defence just over a month ago.

First half was ok but second half was as bad as anything I've seen since we came back up. Apart from Antenucci, they just looked like they weren't bothered.

The vicar who sells the burgers at the top of Wesley Street put in more effort than the lot of them.

Fuck knows what Darko said in his half time team talk.

Murphy looked as sharp as a sausage when he came on. We should send him back whence he came pronto.

Darko's darkest hour.

Next!
Dock

*
Dock

*
Butts

Dock wrote:
wallys
*cough*
Frazier Cranium

Paid for my ticket and I see a lot of mates at each game, Dock.

Do you know what mates are?  

Calling the Wolves fans wallies is a bit harsh
fartcatcher

Butts wrote:
Dock wrote:
wallys
*cough*


We are also remarkably thick skinned.

'Wink icon'
Frazier Cranium

I'm not, he's really hurt me this time.
smiling badger

Yeah, why pass on the chance of taking the piss out of people who want to go watch 'their' team that they have supported for many years and continue to support because they, well, like to.
Football isnt the game that it was back in the day for many, many reasons. Mainly because the way that it is run. And because of money.
But fuck me if you want a sport that is corrupt and full of 'wallies' that literally throw away their money each time that they go then surely Racing is the number one sport of them all.
Yet we dont seem to go on about it trying to bring our fellow Tank Mates down.
And we wonder why no fucker comes on here anymore to have a bit of fun and banter.
Over to you Dock to slate what i have just written.
Or do a flounce because i have dared say that the sport you love is full of wallies.
Frazier Cranium

I was joking SB, it's not worth arguing about and tbh Dock's attempt at teasing us doesn't bother me, I read and hear tons tons tons worse stuff from fellow supporters and that really winds me up
smiling badger

I know. He wants someone to bite and it is always me.
I should stop sniffing my scooters petrol..
Frazier Cranium



Especially when you're riding it.
Dock

smiling badger wrote:
Yeah, why pass on the chance of taking the piss out of people who want to go watch 'their' team that they have supported for many years and continue to support because they, well, like to.
Football isnt the game that it was back in the day for many, many reasons. Mainly because the way that it is run. And because of money.
But fuck me if you want a sport that is corrupt and full of 'wallies' that literally throw away their money each time that they go then surely Racing is the number one sport of them all.
Yet we dont seem to go on about it trying to bring our fellow Tank Mates down.
And we wonder why no fucker comes on here anymore to have a bit of fun and banter.
Over to you Dock to slate what i have just written.
Or do a flounce because i have dared say that the sport you love is full of wallies.


I've deleted what were meant as light-hearted piss-taking comments so as not to offend you anymore. Everybody else on here takes it as a joke it's just you who always gets snarly with me. Fuck off you prick. As for watching LU I've done miles and spent loads of money and time on going to matches in the past. I just choose not to anymore, but like to goad those that still do. Especially on here because I know they can take a joke. Not to worry though you precious fucker I'll leave you to it. As I said in the deleted post I couldn't resist popping back in the Leeds section and talking about the two managers in half a season fiasco. As for flouncing, I'm going nowhere unfortunately for you.
Frazier Cranium

Come on lads eh, call it squits, it is not worth even a second's debate and certainly not worth falling out over.
Dock

Frazier Cranium wrote:
Come on lads eh, call it squits, it is not worth even a second's debate and certainly not worth falling out over.


Nothing more to say. SB has bitten my head off on this forum once too often and today I answered him back in the same manner. I've spoilt this thread enough. Let's get LD on with the match report.
Heyho

I thought One Mick Jones was bad.
Forest

I reckon Cellino is probably a genius. Why waste time with somebody who obviously isn't up to the job or let's carry on for 6 months and see if it improves and then sack him.
If LUFC was a racehorse that wasn't winning you would change the jockey.
smiling badger

Dock wrote:
smiling badger wrote:
Yeah, why pass on the chance of taking the piss out of people who want to go watch 'their' team that they have supported for many years and continue to support because they, well, like to.
Football isnt the game that it was back in the day for many, many reasons. Mainly because the way that it is run. And because of money.
But fuck me if you want a sport that is corrupt and full of 'wallies' that literally throw away their money each time that they go then surely Racing is the number one sport of them all.
Yet we dont seem to go on about it trying to bring our fellow Tank Mates down.
And we wonder why no fucker comes on here anymore to have a bit of fun and banter.
Over to you Dock to slate what i have just written.
Or do a flounce because i have dared say that the sport you love is full of wallies.


I've deleted what were meant as light-hearted piss-taking comments so as not to offend you anymore. Everybody else on here takes it as a joke it's just you who always gets snarly with me. Fuck off you prick. As for watching LU I've done miles and spent loads of money and time on going to matches in the past. I just choose not to anymore, but like to goad those that still do. Especially on here because I know they can take a joke. Not to worry though you precious fucker I'll leave you to it. As I said in the deleted post I couldn't resist popping back in the Leeds section and talking about the two managers in half a season fiasco. As for flouncing, I'm going nowhere unfortunately for you.



Gets snarly? Says the man calling me a prick and telling me  to fuck off.
Never been snarly or  personal with you Dock, ever.
Just find your goading a tad fucking boring.
And im sure others on here do too.
Frazier Cranium

Forest wrote:
I reckon Cellino is probably a genius. Why waste time with somebody who obviously isn't up to the job or let's carry on for 6 months and see if it improves and then sack him.
If LUFC was a racehorse that wasn't winning you would change the jockey.


I wouldn't change the jockey and slag him off if I'd chosen the fecking jockey in the first sorry third place.  Not defending Milanic just for the sake of it, I just think Cellino is an embarrassment.
Butts

I have no sympathy with Darko after that second half. Putting Morison on the right wing was madness. All Wolves had to do was play an extra man in midfield and it was game over.

As far as Cellino goes, whether he's a wally I'm not sure. I suppose by the law of averages he's bound to get a manager right eventually.
Frazier Cranium

It's all pretty irrelevant about Milanic's sacking until we know what input Cellino had in the team selection and the match tactics.  I DO have sympathy for any coach who has been treated as disgracefully as Cellino has treated FOUR LU coaches in less than a year.  The guy to me is an absolute w*nker and I don't give a damn what criticism I get for saying that, I hope I'm proven wrong and that he gets success for the club but his treating employees like shit and his lying to the fans - okay, that's actually just about acceptable on occasion - is an odd way of going about it.

That's me being old fashioned and 'wistful' for better, bygone days.  Yes, I'm sorry about that everyone, sorry for not thinking that treating people like dregs is a good thing in life, sorry for thinking that 6 games really isn't a fair measure to judge a coach who was hired by the firer in the first place.

But aside from that, I still love going to Leeds games
Heyho

Frazier Cranium wrote:
But aside from that, I still love going to Leeds games


Take action with your feet. A few totally empty stadiums might get the message through. It would certainly get the medias attention.

But as I say over and over again 'this city does not deserve a successful football team'. Apart from Mr unsustainable Ridsdale the club is constantly over looked despite hoards of big business in the area. So you have to put up with some tin pot Caeser. I thought it was just Jimmy Savile who fiddled whilst Rome burnt. Maybe we've got another fiddler.
Frazier Cranium

No it was Nero.  And the media don't take much notice of dwindling crowds H, you know that.  Plus Cellino is not bothered about the fans or the attendances, is my view of it.  Why vote with my feet anyway, a few thousand of us have paid for our tickets, plus there are plenty who believe he is the messiah, which is fair enough, free country innit?
Heyho

They would take note of zero (rhymes with Nero) Leeds fans and just away fans there I can tell you.

I admire your dedication and those like you (who actually have a brain). I just hope deep down you know this is it. It's as good at it gets. No more top flight football.
Frazier Cranium

No I don't KNOW it

I think it will be a long time like.  

H, there won't ever be the vote with your feet action going on, it's a non-starter of an argument because for one thing, a main thing, the LU fans are not all in agreement so probably more than half of the support like what Cellino is doing.  Even I have said all along that he has done some good at the club.

I remember being called all sorts of not really insulting things on omj when I said I'd never stop going when most were saying the only way we'd hurt Bates was by not going to the games.  That made even less sense when a lot of us pay in advance for season tickets.
Sir Bulldog Craggwood

Well that's you Ross McCormack and Jonny Giles on the barricades.


A few points:

You won't be getting rid of Cellino in a hurry and we'd be wound up with no squad if it hand't been for him and his millions.

So far he has injected tens of millions, signed 16 players of promise and youth and offed three failing managers. One not so quickly (McDermott) and two who weren't sufficient quality and very optimistic experiments. I'm pleased he takes more care researching, pursuing and signing players than he does coaches. As its more expensive to bomb players out of clubs than managers these days.

Redfearn gets another chance now. Let's see how he does. He can't do any worse than Hock and Darko - the players like him, Cellino is close to him, the fans respect and like him and he knows the club and championship inside out.

Cellino has made errors in appointment of coaches - every time (McD, Hock, Darko) he has had the humility and speed of judgement to reverse a decision and fess up. It's not like we get stuck with failing managers now for months and months because the board can't afford to dismiss them.

Top teams on the continent often don't keep managers for more than two seasons at a time and they get silverware and european competition year in and year out.

Look at Chelsea - 10 managers in 10 years and they've got a cabinet for trophies to show for it.

This idea that you can get managers for in situ for decades and guarantee success belongs to a bygone era. Fergiscum will probably be the last or that line
Frazier Cranium

Humility?  Cellino?  Come off it SBC, you can't honestly believe that.

Okay, even if you do, it's not that important.

I think I've seen all the wins so far this season.

M'bro' - 1-0 win, a nothing special performance against a poor Boro team (that day).
Bolton - 1-0, BW were gash and we still clung on to a scrappy win.
Hudds - 3-0, great win but blimey Hudders were woefully gash that day.
Bournemouth - 3-1 away.  V good second half performance, a fine 'away performance' you could say, in that half.  But it could easily have been 0-3 or 4 by half time, Bournemouth were mugged .  Redfearn is a good bloke and has worked v well for LU Academy... what happens if he doesn't deliver the required results now, is Cellino going to show more of that humility and admit he's wrong and then slag him off too, after not giving him the job the first time around, when incidentally Redfearn didn't really want it anyway?

This only getting a decent 45 minutes from the team in games hasn't just happened under Milanic... it happened under Redfearn too.  I would say that only the Huddersfield game, and the draw against Sheff Weds., has been a decent quality for the whole of the match.

But anyway, I hope I'm wrong and that my thinking 6 whole games is easily long enough for a coach to prove himself, and that Cellino's mind isn't actually that addled with powders and that he isn't at all a megalomaniac with a new plaything which he'll get bored with.
Heyho

I say Ray Fell on the news over the weekend and thought 'now I can see OC doing that'.

p.s. that was meant more as a compliment than a piss take in case it gets lost in translation
Frazier Cranium

Haha I saw it too... he does well in interview, like he's rehearsed it each time.  I'd end up swearing or being offensive like on here too often
Frazier Cranium

Twat
Sir Bulldog Craggwood

Part of humility is saying as soon as you're wrong that you got it wrong. He's done that. What would've been far worse was a Mike Ashley/Alan Pardew situation of signing someone up for ten years and then sticking with them till the bitter end (why is Ashley now buying Glasgow Rangers?) maybe he's lost interest and wants out but can't find a buyer.

Cellino didn't get bored of little Cagliari for 22 years and I don't think he will ever have bought the equivalent of a new team in one transfer window. He's also bought a house in Harrogate and him and his kids are immersed in Leeds and Yorkshire live.

There's 16 new players  (not 17 you'll note!) to settle into the club. Some will fail some will be hits and an indeterminable number will be some shade of success or failure in between. From what I've seen we've signed some talented, athletic, keen young players with plenty of potential. They'll improve as they get to know each other and the demands or the league they are in. Redfearn is a good guy to bring those sorts of players through as he's shown with the academy.

And Redfearn is far better equipped than Hock and DM to make sense of it all AND get them performing game by game in the Championship.
Sir Bulldog Craggwood

Oh and DM is now saying he hasn't been formally sacked but is on paid leave
Frazier Cranium

LEading to a possibility that Cellino will be paying Milanic each month until his 2 year contract ends, or he could actually just pay him what he owes him in one lump sum.  If he insists on paying Milanic month by month it means Milanic cannot work for anyone else until the contract ends.  I hope they settle and Milanic can be allowed to work for someone else.  If not then yes well done Mr President, way to go in your treatment of an employee who you hand-picked.

Sir, you're not fooling me, it's quite clear you unofficial royals stick together
Sir Bulldog Craggwood

Calendar saying Redfearn not been offered job yet???
Sir Bulldog Craggwood

Clearly Cellino needs a full time Chief Executive

I'm a bit too busy and scared of him to put my own name forward

I hear David Haigh should be out soon
Late Doors

that made me guffaw a bit. Anybody seen Luke Murphy today. i hear he's still stuck to the center spot with the grass growing around is ankles
fartcatcher

Something very strange must have happened in the dressing room at half time for the players to lose the plot so totally in the second half,

They came out with demeanour of a beaten team, not one that was a goal up. Inexplicable.

Cellino's injection of funds and his love of football have been very welcome, but as a hands on chairman, the buck stops with him.

If we change our manager every six weeks we're fucked. Players need stability and continuity.
Butts

I think Cellino has done more right than wrong, he's impulsive and a terrible judge of a manager but I tell you what if it was him alone who brought in the five Italians in the team on Sat then I'm not complaining. Each of them has something substantial to offer, especially the keeper.

The raw material is there, it needs a coach to well...coach and instil an ethic and tactics.

       www.regdafishthinktank.com Forum Index -> Leeds
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum
I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune