Archive for www.regdafishthinktank.com Here in the Day
 


       www.regdafishthinktank.com Forum Index -> Pump up the filter
Dock

Trojan Dub.....40 Deep and Heavy Hits

After being impressed with the quality of the Trojan Rocksteady compilation from the 'Trojan Presents' series I thought I'd go with this 2-CD compilation. I like the odd bit of Dub that I've heard but don't have any in my music collection. This is a cracking compilation. It's more than a bass line, it's the weird sound effects and echoey vocals that bend my head. Seriously good stuff. This comp covers the Trojan era from the mid-seventies up until about 1982. Im a total convert to Dub music after hearing the tracks on this. I just need to convince the Church of England that the stain glass windows in Beverley Minster were dead old anyway and they should be looking after their flock by providing decent replacement windows. The fact that the original ones shattered as I drove past listening to 'Ball of Fire' by Bim Sherman & The Roots Radics, and just slightly(ish) turned up the volume on the car stereo is beside the point. And in the final analysis I've found the letters from the Diocese's legal team churlish and unessecary.

Jah n' Ting n' that! (I know all the sound system lingo me).

sheeps

Dock

sheeps wrote:


If only they had shown your good humour Sheeps. Its difficult trying to list the relative merits of the music of Linval Thompson and the Revolutionaries whilst in an arm lock being frog marched into the church by an irked curate. I even offered him a can of Lilt in the spirit of the Jamaican cultural exchange I was trying to promote but he was having none of it.
Cutsyke

Dub is fantastic. I don't have much but it's music I love and miss on a night/morning out.
sheeps

Dock wrote:
sheeps wrote:


If only they had shown your good humour Sheeps. Its difficult trying to list the relative merits of the music of Linval Thompson and the Revolutionaries whilst in an arm lock being frog marched into the church by an irked curate. I even offered him a can of Lilt in the spirit of the Jamaican cultural exchange I was trying to promote but he was having none of it.




Keep up the good work.
carp

Not bought an album since circa 1975 Augustus Pablo Ital Dub.
fartcatcher

Found these guys on facebook. brilliant

https://www.facebook.com/TrojanClubMexico/?fref=nf
Dock

fartcatcher wrote:
Found these guys on facebook. brilliant

https://www.facebook.com/TrojanClubMexico/?fref=nf


Nice one FC. I get the gist but can't personally read it as I'm not a Facebook member. Been rifling through You Tube for albums though. Listening to a lot of stuff by Lee Perry and the Upsetters.
bearing

Dock wrote:
sheeps wrote:
I even offered him a can of Lilt in the spirit of the Jamaican cultural exchange I was trying to promote but he was having none of it.


You should have offered a can of Ting instead.
Dock

bearing wrote:
Dock wrote:
sheeps wrote:
I even offered him a can of Lilt in the spirit of the Jamaican cultural exchange I was trying to promote but he was having none of it.


You should have offered a can of Ting instead.


As an ex-resident of a city that has a Caribbean population I'm aware of Ting, but the aforementioned Beverlonian irked curate might have thought I was trying to give him some voodoo pop or something. I opted for Lilt as a safe offering. But to no avail. The man wasn't for reasoning. And he completely lost it when he realised he was crunching through the shards of his own stained glass in his sensible brogues. The religious cunt!
Dock

"This week I av mostly been listening to the 'Dangerous Dub' album by King Tubby and 'Cloak and Dagger' by Lee Perry."


       www.regdafishthinktank.com Forum Index -> Pump up the filter
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum
I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune