Archive for www.regdafishthinktank.com Here in the Day
 


       www.regdafishthinktank.com Forum Index -> Sports
Butts

The Open Championship - St Andrews

So TG and Seal, who's your money on? This is the top 20:-

I have a feeling Luke Donald could pull it off and I hope McIlroy sets our pulses racing.

1 Tiger Woods      
2 Phil Mickelson    
3 Lee Westwood      
4 Steve Stricker    
5 Jim Furyk        
6 Ernie Els        
7 Luke Donald      
8 Ian Poulter      
9 Rory McIlroy      
10 Paul Casey        
11 Graeme McDowell  
12 Anthony Kim      
13 Martin Kaymer    
14 Robert Allenby    
15 Padraig Harrington
16 Justin Rose      
17 Camilo Villegas  
18 Zach Johnson      
19 Edoardo Molinari  
20 Retief Goosen    
bearing

Depends if the wind blows, if it does expect Padraig to have a good shot at it, especially after his round at Birkdale.  Also worth punts are McDowell and Els...
Grind

Just done some picks for the missus for her works compo.:-

Els, Donald, McIlroy, Rose, Jimenez, Garcia, Clarke, Gallacher and, as a long shot (ha de ha)  Daly.
bearing

Thread title is wrong by the way Butts...
sheeps

Re: The Open Championship - St Andrews

Butts wrote:
So TG and Seal, who's your money on? This is the top 20:-

I have a feeling Luke Donald could pull it off and I hope McIlroy sets our pulses racing.

1 Tiger Woods      
2 Phil Mickelson    
3 Lee Westwood      
4 Steve Stricker    
5 Jim Furyk        
6 Ernie Els        
7 Luke Donald      
8 Ian Poulter      
9 Rory McIlroy      
10 Paul Casey        
11 Graeme McDowell  
12 Anthony Kim      
13 Martin Kaymer    
14 Robert Allenby    
15 Padraig Harrington
16 Justin Rose      
17 Camilo Villegas  
18 Zach Johnson      
19 Edoardo Molinari  
20 Retief Goosen    



Mine is going like Joe Fuck.


If anyone tells TG I said that......................well...................

*fucks off, a la sharpish*
bearing

Joe Fuck is three under sheeps
bearing

Rob Rock doing well...

*more evidence pointing to Staffordshire being centre of the Universe*
Tank Girl

this is a very open open
Butts

I like it that John Daly is up there. It's never dull with him around.
Pond Life

Remember when he first turned up? Christ he could smack that ball. He was a last minute inclusion on his 'début' as i remember. Drove all the way with a days notice. I kind of like him though i think he has done some unlikeable things.
Butts

Jesus have you seen the rain!!!
bearing

Having met Mr. Daly I can confirm he is as mad as a box of frogs.
geoff_bell

golf, like horses, was always somehting i never got into because, when i was growing up, it was always the people with money who did it.

clarke is from my hometown and mcdowell is from the area i've moved too. both men use clubs in portrush. clarke, afaik, is a member of the one with "royal" in the name (the posh one), and mcdowell is a member of the neighbouring one that serves the cheapest booze in the town with pool cues the shape of bananas (makes me feel like i'm on a level playing-field as i like playing pool but am utter shite)
Seal

geoff_bell wrote:

clarke is from my hometown and mcdowell is from the area i've moved too. both men use clubs in portrush. clarke, afaik, is a member of the one with "royal" in the name (the posh one), and mcdowell is a member of the neighbouring one that serves the cheapest booze in the town with pool cues the shape of bananas (makes me feel like i'm on a level playing-field as i like playing pool but am utter shite)


What about McIlroy? Is he from there too? Him and McDowell have to be in with a chance.  I'm in the ABT camp meself.
Butts

There's some ridiculously low scoring given the conditions. Calcavecchia round in 67.
bearing

Not the most expected leaderboard to be fair...

Calcavecchia and case up there contesting!
geoff_bell

Seal wrote:
What about McIlroy?

twas him i meant
bearing

geoff_bell wrote:
Seal wrote:
What about McIlroy?

twas him i meant


Blimey he's not been here long and he's already posting with a Yorkshire lilt...
fartcatcher

bearing wrote:
Having met Mr. Daly I can confirm he is as mad as a box of frogs.


yep!

bearing

I know, what a crazy swing!
Plastic Man



John Daly - Big Vern gone blond?
Butts

Five shots is a big lead to take into the third round. I doubt whether he can sustain it.
Fin

*Shies away from John Lennon joke*
Butts

Butts wrote:
Five shots is a big lead to take into the third round. I doubt whether he can sustain it.


What do I know. Fair play to the guy but it made for very dull viewing.
Pond Life

It was awful . The winner reminded me of this fella.

Late Doors

Ron Atkinson?
Pond Life

He had a black caddie so er.......no.

They mentioned this black caddie thing. They could name the last time one was seen on the tournament. It was in the 70's.

Peter Aliss on the Korean golfer.."It is amazing what you can do on a diet of rice and fish"  
Late Doors

Tank Girl

the most boring open i can remember.

roll on the ryder cup.
bearing

Pond Life wrote:
He had a black caddie so er.......no.

They mentioned this black caddie thing. They could name the last time one was seen on the tournament. It was in the 70's.



Hal Sutton's caddy may disagree with that stat...
Pond Life

Was he at the open at St Andrews?
bearing

Pond Life wrote:
Was he at the open at St Andrews?


He's been at The Open since the 70's

       www.regdafishthinktank.com Forum Index -> Sports
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum
I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune