Archive for www.regdafishthinktank.com Here in the Day
 


       www.regdafishthinktank.com Forum Index -> Clean the tank
Butts

Slowness/unresponsiveness

Anyone else experiencing minor glitches with the site - pages freezing/ slow to load etc...?
lebowski

Not noticed it mate.
Pond Life

Yes i have been getting that here, i put it down to this laptop but maybe not...
Butts

I tested it last night on a lap top and got the same thing. Maybe it's my BB, other sites seem to be working fine though. I'm chatting away on Mumsnet.com no problem.
Pond Life

The servers on freeforum are prone to issues at times. Perhaps we ought to seriously consider moving tour own as Bearing has been talking about for ages. Couple of quid each.
Forest

I have also noticed how slow pages are loading.
Late Doors

Cant say i've had the problem but on my paltry Broadband connection that i still havent got to the bottom of everything might be slow but i just havent noticed

The you tube thing is really getting on my tits, it means i cant easily access all the ace stuff on here like i used to and i cant seem to find any explanantion for it, even on here,  the home of Internet excellence   I am quite dissapointed to learn that Mr Bearing isn't as smart as i first thought
Butts

I've re-set my router and that seems to have done the trick.
Carp

Late Doors wrote:
I am quite dissapointed to learn that Mr Bearing isn't as smart as i first thought


Me too. A serious case of over selling.
Pond Life

There seems to be an improvement in the service today.
Forest

Pond Life wrote:
There seems to be an improvement in the service today.


Its like shit off a stick this morning, it may have been the weather.
Pond Life

I think your coat of arms helped bring some authority to the board.
Forest

Pond Life wrote:
I think your coat of arms helped bring some authority to the board.


I think its just a coincidence but you never know.
bearing

Late Doors wrote:
Cant say i've had the problem but on my paltry Broadband connection that i still havent got to the bottom of everything might be slow but i just havent noticed

The you tube thing is really getting on my tits, it means i cant easily access all the ace stuff on here like i used to and i cant seem to find any explanantion for it, even on here,  the home of Internet excellence   I am quite dissapointed to learn that Mr Bearing isn't as smart as i first thought


I can't help that you live in hicksville, move somewhere with fast broadband...

Late Doors

Dont be rolling the eyes at me sunnyjimjackladmifella.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/ne...ces-into-pole-position.6598251.jp

YORKSHIRE is home to five of the fastest urban areas in the country for broadband speeds and Huddersfield residents enjoy the UK's fastest connections, it has been revealed.

   

still hasnt fixed my problem, must be certain areas of the town with a different err broadband depot
Plastic Man

Late Doors wrote:
Dont be rolling the eyes at me sunnyjimjackladmifella.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/ne...ces-into-pole-position.6598251.jp

YORKSHIRE is home to five of the fastest urban areas in the country for broadband speeds and Huddersfield residents enjoy the UK's fastest connections, it has been revealed.

   

still hasnt fixed my problem, must be certain areas of the town with a different err broadband depot


Check if your local exchange has had the 21CN upgrade (no idea of the details - Google it if you're interested) implemented, and more significantly if it has, whether your internet provider is actually providing it for the service you are paying for.

For example, it appears that our local exchange has been upgraded, but my internet company hasn't converted its customers yet.
Carp

Can depend on how far you are from the exchange and the quality of the wires between you and the exchange.
Pond Life

Carp wrote:
Can depend on how far you are from the exchange and the quality of the wires between you and the exchange.


I was fed that bollocks by Virgin, it matters not with fibre optic cables is what another engineer told me.
Carp

It shouldn't . I was talking copper.
Pond Life

Oh, that is right out in the sticks stuff.
Carp

Best I can get. No fibre till end of 2010. I am about 2 miles from the exchange too.
Pond Life

Hope and pray you don't get a birds nest in the exchange box, engineers wont touch it, so they say.
Carp

If they shut the doors it would help.
Pond Life

It would help if virgin were not liars.
fartcatcher

everything is slow in Birdingbury. The internet shuts on Wednesday afternoons as well.
grunt

It's going very slow this evening. Someone fix.
grunt

It's alright again now. Everyone relax.
Forest

No need to thank me.
grunt

Forest wrote:
No need to thank me.


If you insist.
grunt

Thanks though.
Forest

grunt wrote:
Thanks though.


But I didn't do anything.
grunt

Forest wrote:
grunt wrote:
Thanks though.


But I didn't do anything.


I think that's what helped.
Forest

grunt wrote:
Forest wrote:
grunt wrote:
Thanks though.


But I didn't do anything.


I think that's what helped.



I'll keep doing it then.
grunt

If only more people had your attitude.

       www.regdafishthinktank.com Forum Index -> Clean the tank
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum
I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune