Archive for www.regdafishthinktank.com Here in the Day
 


       www.regdafishthinktank.com Forum Index -> Strange plaices
fartcatcher

London

Me and mrs f visited the metropolis this weekend. What you urban types take for granted are things of wonder for us yokels (like public transport and toilets you have to pay to use).

I love the place for a couple of days but i think i'd go nuts if i lived there permanently. Did all the usual tourist stuff - meal, show, art galleries, shopping  

plusses

Rotherhithe much nicer than expected
watching the Thames flowing upstream
pelicans in St James Park
kids doing parkour on the South Bank
the Australian girl on the bus

minuses

Jubilee line closed on Saturday
Garden Museum at Lambeth
Thirty-nine steps (don't go unless you're under 15 or English is your second language)
didn't see any celebs
Pond Life

Lets here more about the Australian girl on the bus.
fartcatcher

me and mrs f like trying to spot nationalities and i clocked her as being an aussie straight away.
Tall, blonde, fair complexion, smiling (cricket?), shorts, carrying a surfboard*. I'd better not go on...........

* this may be a lie
bearing

fartcatcher wrote:
me and mrs f like trying to spot nationalities and i clocked her as being an aussie straight away.
Tall, blonde, fair complexion, smiling (cricket?), shorts, carrying a surfboard*. I'd better not go on...........

* this may be a lie


Did she have a kangaroo FC?
Pond Life

I like the sound of spot nationalities.
bearing

Pond Life wrote:
I like the sound of spot nationalities.


Me too.

I think you're English and your good lady is Scottish.
Dock

Agree FC, love London, but don't know if I could live there. What show did you see?
Plastic Man

bearing wrote:
Pond Life wrote:
I like the sound of spot nationalities.


Me too.

I think you're English and your good lady is Scottish.


Did you google that?
Dock

Plastic Man wrote:
bearing wrote:
Pond Life wrote:
I like the sound of spot nationalities.


Me too.

I think you're English and your good lady is Scottish.


Did you google that?


If he did, he needs to check his sources cos' he's only got 1/2. One's English and the missus is a Highland Mentalist, well, thats what Sheeps told me like.
Pond Life

Yes well done Bearing. You can rest assured you wont be banned by the end of the day.
smiling badger

May be heading to London this week.
Take the kids to the Natural History Museum as it is free to get in.
All depends if those cunts on the trains are striking this week.
I love going to London for the day but i'm glad when my train is leaving Liverpool St and taking me back to the country side.
Pond Life

smiling badger wrote:
but i'm glad when my train is leaving Liverpool St and taking me back to the country side.


Yes, we all breath a sigh of relief too.
smiling badger

Pond Life wrote:
smiling badger wrote:
but i'm glad when my train is leaving Liverpool St and taking me back to the country side.


Yes, we all breath a sigh of relief too.


I know, Londons not big enough for me and my tribe.
Pond Life

Oh we do not mind your tribe. It's you we object to. Riding round town doing no hands.....er....on the bus...


sorry i didn't think it through.
fartcatcher

Dockwork Orange wrote:
Agree FC, love London, but don't know if I could live there. What show did you see?


Tate Modern - I'd been there before and it was a bit disappointing as they'd taken out some of the good weird stuff and replaced it with weird weird stuff.
Like 4 huge chairs in a room.

However - it's still amazing looking at a Picasso or Cezanne and thinking - bloody hell - this is the real thing

National Gallery - at mrs f's insistence. Van Gogh's Sunflowers. Never understood the appeal. My mum could paint stuff like that.

Turner's 'Margate on a foggy day'. You can't see anything because it's foggy. Good scam Mr T.
Some good pictures of battles and people being beheaded. I was getting a bit tired by then so decided to sit down and watch young female tourists instead.

Too many street entertainers now imo. Can't move for falling over a juggling unicyclist or a human statue.

Walked fucking miles. Still haven't recovered.
Pond Life

fartcatcher wrote:


National Gallery - at mrs f's insistence. Van Gogh's Sunflowers. Never understood the appeal. My mum could paint stuff like that.



TG insists that she also painted a stunning picture based on the sunflowers by Van Gogh's only hers was far better. She crafted it during the series Painting with Nancy. A culture classic.
fartcatcher

Pond Life wrote:
fartcatcher wrote:


National Gallery - at mrs f's insistence. Van Gogh's Sunflowers. Never understood the appeal. My mum could paint stuff like that.



TG insists that she also painted a stunning picture based on the sunflowers by Van Gogh's only hers was far better. She crafted it during the series Painting with Nancy. A culture classic.


My mum used to paint flowers and bowls of fruit because

a. they didn't move
b. you didn't have to go outside

i think Van Gogh operated in a similar manner.
smiling badger

I went today. As threatened.
Took the kids to the Natural History Museum. Such a lovely building. I think that i spent more time looking at that rather than the Dinosaures bones on show there. A good day out though, especially for the sprogs. We also went to the 'Butterfly jungle' which is next door. Dont bother unless you really dig butterflys that is. Apart from that it was a really good day out in the capital. Apart from having to stand up on the train all the way home holding my 3 year old sleeping daughter. And no cunt of a commuter offering a seat to us.
Late Doors

London is ace *big fact* make it a point of going at least once a year and no two trips are ever the same. When a man is tired of London he is probably asleep as they  say.

That Vincent fella sounds a bit of a mangy bugger, probably likes to stop in and paint his bedroom as well
Butts

Clacker wrote:


Already got a posh restaurant booked for the Saturday night,


Where are you going?

We had a fantastic lunch at this place recently.

http://www.bentleys.org/
Butts

Clacker wrote:


Le Gavroche.


Fantastic! Always wanted to go there. Let us know what you have - something with truffles maybe.
bigbone

Going this weekend.Booked to go to Moro tomorrow night, which I think is a Butts fave.
Butts

Best meal I've ever had. A while ago now but it was just chicken and tabbouleh or something like that. Great place as well.
Butts

When I've got a bit of money again I've got my eyes on that place Maze. The chef was on Saturday Kitchen the other week and I liked the look of his jib.
bearing

Butts wrote:
When I've got a bit of money again I've got my eyes on that place Maze. The chef was on Saturday Kitchen the other week and I liked the look of his jib.


He took a boat onto Saturday Kitchen?  
Butts

This is the chap, Jason Atherton

http://www.gordonramsay.com/maze/chefs/executivechef/
Late Doors

Clacker wrote:

There was no "You-are-a-Northern-chancer-and-you-shouldn't-be-here" attitude about the place, which I welcomed as that was what I was thinking as I crossed the threshold


Thats what i think everywhere i go, even on here sometimes  

Nice description of the evening Clacks. I know what you mean about those once in a Lifetime chances. We went to a place in Paris on a corporate do, absolute top drawer place. umpteen courses all accompnaied by a different wine specially selected by a celebrated sommelier and i'll never forget it as long as i live, sensational. Up till then i was a schoold dinners meat n veg type maybe a curry or a Chinese but that night made me realise there's more to the old tucker game than that.
Mol

Clacker wrote:


Le Gavroche.


I'll be expecting a full review in the food section.
Late Doors

Re: London

fartcatcher wrote:
Me and mrs f visited the metropolis this weekend.
plusses

pelicans in St James Park
Jubilee line closed on Saturday


Poor little feckers were shivering to bits last weekend, hadn't a clue what was happening.

Got emergency evacuated from Holburn on Sunday, a bit scary actually. Report to follow but just to re iterate. London is Fab still
Dock

Re: London

Late Doors wrote:
fartcatcher wrote:
Me and mrs f visited the metropolis this weekend.
plusses

pelicans in St James Park
Jubilee line closed on Saturday


Poor little feckers were shivering to bits last weekend, hadn't a clue what was happening.

Got emergency evacuated from Holburn on Sunday, a bit scary actually. Report to follow but just to re iterate. London is Fab still


*puts kettle on, checks Twix quantity of biscuit tin, awaits travelogue*
Late Doors

prolly  tomorrow now maybe even Monday, you can see a bit of it in the Arts bit to keep you and the twix ccompany. We had a great time, London errr rocks as i think they say these days
Dock

Late Doors wrote:
prolly  tomorrow now maybe even Monday, you can see a bit of it in the Arts bit to keep you and the twix ccompany. We had a great time, London errr rocks as i think they say these days


Monday? Fuckin' Monday? Thats no good to me. Its -10 at Newbury so I have time on my hands today, not bastard Monday. Its not on. I think we should bring your monthly 1-2-1 meeting forward. There's a tardiness issue that needs addressing here.
smiling badger

Went to Brick Lane over the weekend and if you like a Curry then it is the place to be!
All claiming to be the best in London/world.
The one we chose obviously wasnt!

Rough Trade Records having an excellent shop down there being the high light of the day for me.
Shame that there arent still more like it these days.

       www.regdafishthinktank.com Forum Index -> Strange plaices
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum
I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune