Archive for www.regdafishthinktank.com Here in the Day
 


       www.regdafishthinktank.com Forum Index -> Sports
fartcatcher

Commonwealth Games

Quote:
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Tuesday extended the deadline for the completion of work at the Commonwealth Games Village by two days as workers raced against time to clean up the complex that will house thousands of athletes and officials.


the name makes me laugh everytime i see it. Particularly with the alleged state of the facilities. Yet to hear it spoken on radio or telly. that would be even funnier.
Plastic Man

Re: Commonwealth Games

fartcatcher wrote:
Quote:
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Tuesday extended the deadline for the completion of work at the Commonwealth Games Village by two days as workers raced against time to clean up the complex that will house thousands of athletes and officials.


the name makes me laugh everytime i see it. Particularly with the alleged state of the facilities. Yet to hear it spoken on radio or telly. that would be even funnier.


I guess it must be a fairly common type of surname thereabouts. A lad I knew of had the surname Rakshit. I imagine it didn't ease his passage through secondary school.
Pond Life

Re: Commonwealth Games

Plastic Man wrote:
fartcatcher wrote:
Quote:
Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Tuesday extended the deadline for the completion of work at the Commonwealth Games Village by two days as workers raced against time to clean up the complex that will house thousands of athletes and officials.


the name makes me laugh everytime i see it. Particularly with the alleged state of the facilities. Yet to hear it spoken on radio or telly. that would be even funnier.


I guess it must be a fairly common type of surname thereabouts. A lad I knew of had the surname Rakshit. I imagine it didn't ease his passage through secondary school.


best not to mention a boys passage through school, not all remain intact.
Butts

A few of our medallists are confused at Jerusalem being played as the England anthem. One of them started singing Land Of Hope And Glory.
Tank Girl

is it just me or is it quite boring this.
Dock

Tank Girl wrote:
is it just me or is it quite boring this.


It's baba. I was watching the bloke gymnasts yesterday to a near empty stadium. Again, as with South Africa, the government should be setting up support structures for their poor, and not building sports stadiums.

Next big sports tournement that will be of interest to me is the World Cup in Brazil. Even though Lula Da Silva is the outgoing president, many of his reforms and grass roots support for his own people will be carried on by his successor from the same party. I think it'll be the greatest world cup host nation since Argentina in 78'. That is all.

Back on topic:

I don't know any of the atheletes I've seen so far, so I'm out.
bearing

Dock wrote:

Next big sports tournement that will be of interest to me is the World Cup in Brazil.


Shouldn't they be setting up support structures for their poor, and not building sports stadiums?
fartcatcher

I went out there a few years ago. Hunting tigers. only kidding - it was work.

A place of incredible contrasts. Plush hotels, high tech offices - separated by 10 miles of almost impassable dirt tracks. All manner of bizarre transport. Morris Oxfords, ancient buses, battered taxis, oxen, rickshaws and heavily laden bicycles in almost permanent gridlock. Used to take us an hour to get from one to the other.
Rigid caste system still exists. Very sexist. Corruption is the norm. A lot of the guys used to stay at the offices all week, kipping on the floor or in a chair, partly because travelling was such a bloody nightmare.

A culture of wanting to please. So if you say - 'will this be ready next week', you always get the answer yes. And then it isn't.
The other weird thing is that Indians shake their heads when they say yes and nod when they say no.

I had to go on a course before i went to understand all this.

I got a runny bottom as well. Wasn't fun.
fartcatcher

Quote:
Thousands of condoms have clogged plumbing at the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi after amorous athletes flushed them down toilets, according to Indian media.


taxpayer funded shagfest
Late Doors

Im quite enjoying it tbh. These people have dedicated the vast part of their lives to do something worthwhile and represent their country. Ok a lot of the early stages aren't quite as riveting as Blackburn v Wigan but there is a lot of excitement and drama. The table tennis match yesterday between the English and the rather over exuberant Indian chap was brilliant. Then that Indian lass who won the countries first ever track medal anywhere was ace.

Not forgetting Leeds Met student Jo Jackson claiming the walking gold

and a good reason to play this

bearing

Or indeed this LD



He's from Staffordshire you know...
Late Doors

 Very Good
sheeps

fartcatcher wrote:
I went out there a few years ago. Hunting tigers. only kidding - it was work.

A place of incredible contrasts. Plush hotels, high tech offices - separated by 10 miles of almost impassable dirt tracks. All manner of bizarre transport. Morris Oxfords, ancient buses, battered taxis, oxen, rickshaws and heavily laden bicycles in almost permanent gridlock. Used to take us an hour to get from one to the other.
Rigid caste system still exists. Very sexist. Corruption is the norm. A lot of the guys used to stay at the offices all week, kipping on the floor or in a chair, partly because travelling was such a bloody nightmare.

A culture of wanting to please. So if you say - 'will this be ready next week', you always get the answer yes. And then it isn't.
The other weird thing is that Indians shake their heads when they say yes and nod when they say no.

I had to go on a course before i went to understand all this.

I got a runny bottom as well. Wasn't fun.


Thats good enough for me Fart, can't see me ever going to Stafford now.
bearing

sheeps wrote:
fartcatcher wrote:
I went out there a few years ago. Hunting tigers. only kidding - it was work.

A place of incredible contrasts. Plush hotels, high tech offices - separated by 10 miles of almost impassable dirt tracks. All manner of bizarre transport. Morris Oxfords, ancient buses, battered taxis, oxen, rickshaws and heavily laden bicycles in almost permanent gridlock. Used to take us an hour to get from one to the other.
Rigid caste system still exists. Very sexist. Corruption is the norm. A lot of the guys used to stay at the offices all week, kipping on the floor or in a chair, partly because travelling was such a bloody nightmare.

A culture of wanting to please. So if you say - 'will this be ready next week', you always get the answer yes. And then it isn't.
The other weird thing is that Indians shake their heads when they say yes and nod when they say no.

I had to go on a course before i went to understand all this.

I got a runny bottom as well. Wasn't fun.


Thats good enough for me Fart, can't see me ever going to Stafford now.


Cheers FC, I owe you a pint.

       www.regdafishthinktank.com Forum Index -> Sports
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum
I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune