Archive for www.regdafishthinktank.com Here in the Day
 


       www.regdafishthinktank.com Forum Index -> Clean the tank
bearing

Chat box

I've added one at the foot of the site, it's only visible when logged in.

Try it out and see what you think.
bearing

And use your fecking names...
Carp

nobcheese
bearing

Right I'm deleting it, 'cause none of you can behave.

Foo will not be happy you've wrecked The Virtual Terrace™
Carp

I only made one post
bearing

Carp wrote:
I only made one post


Well you can thank your friends...
Carp

I'm a hard mercenary bastard. I have no friends. I need no friends. I work for the highest bidder. Simple....All I care about is hard cash and my next assignment. Mind you, it would be nice to be asked out for coffee and cakes, or maybe a light lunch with the boys from time to time.
Grind

bearing wrote:
Carp wrote:
I only made one post


Well you can thank your friends...


Errrr.  
geoff_bell

not fair  
bearing

geoff_bell wrote:
not fair  


I know Geoff, blame Grind
geoff_bell

he's a bad boy
Grind

You've suffered The Consequence.

* Invites everyone out for coffee and cake. *
Carp

Oooh....Coffee and cake. I'm in.
Grind

I'll have a Latte and one of those red velvet cupcakes please.

* I didn't say I was paying. *
Plastic Man

A good idea, Mr Bearing, to restrict the availability of this chat room stuff to us senior administrators.

If I may speak discretely, but frankly within our hallowed circle. I am very concerned that Mr Fin, amongst others, appears to be grooming the new boy.... errr yes, Mr Bell, to be, as I believe is what rather unpleasantly described as their "cybernet bitch".

Too much time spent at their keyboards... being completely disassociated with the real world... and all this talk of watching someone doing the washing up has got their hormones racing....

They must imagine him as some sort of MILF off of a Fairy Liquid advert...

Do any of you have any thoughts?
Carp

Plastic Man wrote:
Do any of you have any thoughts?


Double espresso and walnut and coffee cake please.
bearing

Plastic Man wrote:
A good idea, Mr Bearing, to restrict the availability of this chat room stuff to us senior administrators.

If I may speak discretely, but frankly within our hallowed circle. I am very concerned that Mr Fin, amongst others, appears to be grooming the new boy.... errr yes, Mr Bell, to be, as I believe is what rather unpleasantly described as their "cybernet bitch".

Too much time spent at their keyboards... being completely disassociated with the real world... and all this talk of watching someone doing the washing up has got their hormones racing....

They must imagine him as some sort of MILF off of a Fairy Liquid advert...

Do any of you have any thoughts?


He looks just like that MILF off the advert.

Well he did after a few pints of Smithwick's (I think it was Smithwick's I was drinking anyway)
Carp

Hah.....bearing has got a DILF
Foo Whiter

Where the feck is it?
Carp

bearing got the sulks and deleted it.
bearing

Foo Whiter wrote:
Where the feck is it?


The children spoiled it Foo
Foo Whiter

* Is gutted*

** Gives The Children the thumbs down**
Tank Girl

what on earth has been going on here??
Carp

I have no idea.....Innocent.
Foo Whiter

*Starts Chant *

" Bring It Back, Bring It Back, Bring It Back"
Grind

Bloody children.  
Pond Life

It was only there to say nasty things about people on holiday.
Fin

Brilliant i leave my keyboard and try to associate with the real world for a couple of hours and i missed all this
Tank Girl

this thing makes the site look untidy
bearing

Tank Girl wrote:
this thing makes the site look untidy


I agree
Foo Whiter

Its ok pond life can tidy it up whilst your out grafting TG!

Look if its a big hassle just get rid. I only mean't to use it for sports like...

* backs down with lip out*
Butts

I vote to get rid, it's just pointless. Bring it back during matches by all means.
Pond Life

Maybe bury it in a sub forum or something, it just looks scruffy on the front page.
bearing

Pond Life wrote:
Maybe bury it in a sub forum or something, it just looks scruffy on the front page.


It appears everywhere!
Pond Life

so it does.
Butts

Can we get rid of it, or just bring it out on match days?

I know we don't get many new people but it can only drive off any waverers thinking about registering unless they really want to be part of a forum that has a conversation about penis cheese on its front page?

If I knew how to get rid of it I would but I might succeed in taking the entire site down if I start messing around with it.
Carp

Butts wrote:


If I knew how to get rid of it I would but I might succeed in taking the entire site down if I start messing around with it.


Go for it. LD did
Butts

I've had a look I don't know how to do it.

Does anyone WANT to keep it?
Butts

I think the only person who can change it is the person who has the Chatbox ID and I don't know who that is.
Butts

Butts wrote:


Does anyone WANT to keep it?


If this is a unanimous zilch can the person who has the keys to the Chat Box please put it out of its misery, please?
Pond Life

I agree with the conversation on there not doing much for our image.

Some where in the mists of time we had all cxome to an agreement that we were ok to try things and it was good to keep/get rid of them as required. Where that box is now used to be a media player with tunes selected by us, it worked for a while.

What is great about this site is it is not in one persons hands.

It has not really (for me) enriched my regtime, and so i am for getting rid.
lebowski

Lets get the visitors country thing back.
Pond Life

lebowski wrote:
Lets get the visitors country thing back.


I think that caused people trouble when logging on from some places (work i seem to remember) peoples pc's just crashing.
bearing

Butts wrote:
I've had a look I don't know how to do it.

Does anyone WANT to keep it?




Just strip out the bit of code in overall_footer.tpl
lebowski

Make me temporary orange and I'll do it
Pond Life

It has gone!

RING OUT THE BELLS!
bearing

lebowski wrote:
Make me temporary orange and I'll do it


Hahaha

*falls off chair*

bearing

Pond Life

Bearing is God!??

I really hope that is not true.
bearing

Pond Life wrote:
Bearing is God!??

I really hope that is not true.


Is he?

Fantastic!
bearing

My moniker starts with a little b by the way
Pond Life

Force of habit to use a capital for a name.
bearing

Pond Life wrote:
Force of habit to use a capital for a name.


I know, I'm drilling that very literacy rule into 6/7 year olds on a daily basis.

*obviously I don't use a real drill, that would be madness and probably illegal*
Grind

But strangely satisfying.......
Butts

Thanks Bearing
Foo Whiter

Poor Gamu I bet she's still stuck in there. The chat box might work with a younger, more hip crowd. Not midlife crisis people with fruit in their alcohol.
Plastic Man

Foo Whiter wrote:
The chat box might work with a younger, more hip crowd.


Do you mean people with hair?
Foo Whiter

No I meant people under the age of 40.

* is thinking of reporting Reg to the Anti Bald Bullying Brigade *
Fin

Foo Whiter wrote:
No I meant people under the age of 40.

* is thinking of reporting Reg to the Anti Bald Bullying Brigade *

Hair,Hair Foo!
bearing

Is Foo bald then?
Carp

I love that chat box. Please never take it away.

       www.regdafishthinktank.com Forum Index -> Clean the tank
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum
I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune